Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hilary Swank features the Marie Claire magazine November 2009 issue. Here are some interview highlights.

On people assuming she can get any role she wants because of her two Oscars: "So not true. I really chase the things that I want. I don’t audition anymore, but I do go after things that I believe in. Someone will say, ‘Oh, I don’t see Hilary in that role because she’s not really that funny to me.’ So I’ll say that I want to sit down with them so that they meet the real person behind the characters. I usually get roles that are not the conventional beauty."

On people assuming she’s a loner: "For a long time, I was a loner because [my ex-husband Chad Lowe] was my best friend, and we were really happy just hanging out, he and I. I think it was maybe five years ago that I realized how important my friends were to me, and I realized they were a big part of my letting go. When I got divorced three years ago, I needed them more than ever. I have really good girlfriends. Mariska Hargitay is my best friend."

On her way of relaxation: “My relaxation has always been my animals—going to the dog park with them, going to the beach. I always try to carve out time in my day to be with them. On the last set I was on, I would just get a bike and ride around the studio with my dogs chasing me. It just gets me out of my head, you know what I mean?”

On young love and learning from it: “Going through a divorce is horrible. It’s dreams crumbling; it’s your family, your whole life, all of your security, disolving. Having been with Chad so young – we met when I was 18- it was all I knew. It is really hard. I certainly don’t wish it on anyone. I feel more than anything right now that age brings so much clarity. You might take a step back, but then you learn from that step back. I’ve learned a lot from my downs, as well as my ups. Right now, I am in a good place.”

Hilary Swank

Hilary SwankHilary SwankHilary SwankHilary SwankHilary Swank

Hilary SwankHilary SwankHilary SwankHilary Swank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment